Sunday, July 13, 2014
17.30 – 19.30 Drinks Reception
Monday, July 14, 2014
17.30 – 18.30 Author Workshop/Q & A session with Cell Press Editors
- Build your network and interact with our Cell Press editors at this Q & A session, a great opportunity to ask them their tips for publishing at Cell Press and learn what’s new in the world of scientific publishing.
19.30 – 22.00 – Meet the Speakers Dinner
- Over the course of your scientific career, networking will be the one of the most effective methods of advancing your career. Engage in networking with the speakers and potential future collaborators at our ‘Meet the Speakers’ Dinner.
- The Meet the Speakers Dinner will take place at the vibrant Howell's and Hood restaurant on Monday, July 14, 2014. Tickets are priced at $50 when ordered in advance with registration and include a three course meal including wine, soft drinks and of course beer!
- Located on Chicago's Magnificent Mile, Howells & Hood offers a globally-inspired cuisine that is unique, refined and approachable. The Chefs add a brilliant twist to familiar favorites. With 114 different local and global beers on draft, Howells & Hood offers the largest draft selection in the city, and likely, the world.
- Places are limited so please book early via the online registration system.
Chicago is the third most populous city in the USA (after New York City and Los Angeles) with 2.7 million residents. It was incorporated as a City in 1837 and grew rapidly during the 19th Century, enjoying a privileged position on a continental divide connecting the Mississippi River and Great Lakes and lying on the southern western shores of the fresh water Lake Michigan.
Today you can enjoy an array of activities including sightseeing on the river trips (which go through the middle of City); visiting Lincoln Park Zoo and Navy Pier or soaking up the architecture; shopping in the famous Golden Mile and enjoying the outstanding gastronomy available throughout the City.
Home of the “deep dish pizza”, Chicago has so much to offer in gastronomy. From American home food to world cuisine and with celebrity chefs and a record 25 Michelin Star restaurants, Chicago's dining scene is unparalleled with something for every pallet and budget.
See Tripadvisor’s top rated restaurants here.
To find out more about local attractions click here